Data Visualisation and Infographic Design
Entry (no or almost no prior knowledge)
View in Google Maps (CF24 4HQ)
sbarc|spark, Maindy Road, Cardiff, Wales, CF24 4HQ
Full-day hands-on workshop, introducing the fundamentals of data visualisation and infographic design.
A combination of presentation, discussion and hands-on exercises in groups.
The day will involve both theory, explained with illustrated examples, as well as exercises so attendees can explore ideas and learn for themselves
- To understand visual communication of information and data
- During this workshop we will consider all the factors that have an impact on the infographic – design, insight, audience, and platform – and look at the steps you need to go through to get to a good result
- How, why and when to use an infographic
- Defining a narrative
- Optimising infographics for different media and audiences
- Understanding the role of design
£35 per day for registered students. £75 per day for staff at academic institutions, Research Councils researchers, public sector staff and staff at registered charity organisations and recognised research institutions. £250 per day for all other participants. In the event of cancellation by the delegate a full refund of the course fee is available up to two weeks prior to the course. No refunds are available after this date.If it is no longer possible to run a course due to circumstances beyond its control, NCRM reserves the right to cancel the course at its sole discretion at any time prior to the event. In this event every effort will be made to reschedule the course. If this is not possible or the new date is inconvenient a full refund of the course fee will be given. NCRM shall not be liable for any costs, losses or expenses that may be incurred as a result of the cancellation of a course.
Website and registration:
Research Skills, Communication and Dissemination
Related publications and presentations: