Poster competition: 2023 Research Methods e-Festival
Call for expressions of interest
NCRM will once again hold a large-scale, online Research Methods Festival between 7 and 9 November 2023.
We aim to attract interest from around the world, adding international perspectives that celebrate research methods with an interdisciplinary focus. There will be a dynamic programme of sessions to attend, as well as a video poster competition.
As part of the e-festival, we will showcase and celebrate a short-list of the 10 best video posters from current postgraduate researchers, which will be broadcast during the e-festival. Attendees of the event will vote for their favourite, with a prize being awarded to the most popular.
Video posters could cover
- Your particular methods or methodological frameworks
- Your research design and approaches
- Your epistemological thinking
- Research infrastructure
- Data and data services
- Ethical considerations of your research.
However, we are happy to accept expressions of interest (EOI) on any that speak to the e-festival’s theme of innovation, adaptation, evolution of the social sciences.
Format and application
There is a two-stage process for application.
- Expression of interest
- To express interest in submitting a poster, please complete our online EOI form.
- Submitted EOIs will be reviewed on a rolling basis by a team at NCRM, including last year’s video poster competition winner. The final deadline for EOIs is Wednesday, 31 May at 17:00 BST.
- Full video
- If your EOI is accepted, you will be invited to submit the video poster itself. The static content should consist of a single PDF or PowerPoint slide, which can be either in landscape or portrait orientation.
- For the dynamic element, voiceover, talking head or animated content are all welcomed. Additional video may be included in the presentation. Whatever the content, the total running time of the final submitted video poster should not exceed three minutes. Over-length recordings will not be considered. We are happy for you to submit multiple posters; however, you will need to complete a separate EOI for each.
- The deadline for submission of your poster is Friday, 5 September at 17:00 BST.
A panel from NCRM will review all of the EOIs. The best 10 will receive NCRM certificates of commendation and a selection of NCRM goodies, via post. They will also be live streamed during the e-festival on rotation.
Participants of the e-festival will be invited to vote for their favourite poster. A prize of a £100 Amazon voucher will be awarded to the poster that receives the most votes.