- Published on: 2017-02-07
- Event hosted by: NCRM
- Keywords: Probabilistic Record Linkage | Deterministic Record Linkage | Exact Matching |
- To cite this resource:
Shlomo, N. (2018) Data Linkage: An Overview . National Centre for Research Methods online learning resource. Available at http://www.ncrm.ac.uk/resources/online/data_linkage/ [ accessed: October 21, 2018]'
Here are the slides in Microsoft Powerpoint format. You may want to explore the slides or download the entire presentation by clicking the link below
These video resources were recorded on 2017-02-07 by the National Centre for Research Methods (NCRM) at the University of Southampton.
Powerpoint presentations (PDF)
Video Transcripts (PDF)
Related datasets and other links
- Fellegi, I. P. and Sunter, A. B. (1969) A Theory for Record Linkage, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 64, 1183-1210.
- Gill, L. (2001) Methods for Automatic Record Matching and Linkage and their use in National Statistics, The National Statistics Methodology Series, ONS (available at http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/guide-method/method-quality/specific/gss-methodology-series/index.html)
- Herzog, T. N., Scheuren, F. J. and Winkler, W. E. (2007) Data Quality and Record Linkage Techniques. New York: Springer. ISBN 978-0-387-69502-0
- Lahiri, P. and Larsen, M.D. (2005) Regression Analysis with Linked Data. Journal of the American Statistical Association, Vol. 100, No. 469, 222-230 (Also at: http://www.stat.iastate.edu/preprint/articles/2004-09.pdf)
- Mason, C.A. amd Shihfen, T. (2008) Data Linkage Using Probabilistic Decision Rules: A Primer, Birth Defects Research (Part A): Clinical and Molecular Teratology 82, 812-821
- Winkler, W. E. (1995) Matching and Record Linkage, in B.G. Cox et al. (ed) Business Survey Methods, New York: J. Wiley, 355-384 http://www.fcsm.gov/working-papers/wwinkler.pdf
Related research areas (available items)
All relevant references can be listed here along with browsable links to other existing resources in NCRM
Allison, P. D. ( 2005). Fixed Effects Regression Methods for Longitudinal Data Using SAS. Cary, NC.:SAS Institute Inc.
Bollen, K. (1989). Structural Equations with Latent Variables. New York: Wiley.
Bailey, C. (2001) Geographers doing household research: Intrusive research and moral accountability, Area, 33, 1, 107-109.
Bakardjieva, M. and Feenberg, A. (2001) Involving the virtual subject, Ethics and Information Technology, 2, 4, 233-240.
Barnes, S. B. (2004) Issues of attribution and identification in online social research, in Johns, M. D., Chen, S. S. and Hall, G. J. (Eds.) (2004) Online Social Research: Methods, Issues, and Ethics. New York. Peter Lang. pp. 203-222.
Recommended readings etc. (which uathor may deem appropriate (could be event, NCRM resource, book chapter etc.
Bulloch, SarahUsing Structural Equation Modelling to re-examine the association between gender and social trust: the search for measurement equivalence. In: NCRM Research Methods Festival 2008, 30th June - 3rd July 2008, St Catherine's College, Oxford.Download from http://eprints.ncrm.ac.uk/303/
Mehta, P. & Neale, M. (2005) People are variables too: Multilevel structural equations modeling. Psychological Methods, 10, 259-284. Download from http://statmodel.com/download/mehtaneale.PDF
Preacher, K., Zyphur, M. & Zhang, Z. (2010). A general multilevel SEM framework for assessing multilevel mediation. Psychological Methods, 15, 209-233. Download from http://statmodel.com/download/pzz_012610_for_web.pdf
Past videos by Natalie Shlomo
Find Natalie Shlomo elsewhere on NCRM
- Compensating for Non-response in Biosocial Research: Simulation Study from a Cross-sectional Analysis (Conference)
- Data Linkage: An Overview (Video)
- Statistical Disclosure Control (Webinar)
- Analysis of Linked Datasets (Training)
- Data Linkage: From Theory to Practice (Training)
- Linking Data (Training)
- Analysis of Linked Datasets (Training)
Search results based on Natalie Shlomo's research interests
More like this video tutorials
- Quantitative Approaches (other) (607)
- Multilevel Modelling (457)
- Longitudinal Data Analysis (446)
- Quantitative Software (399)
- Regression Methods (388)
- Latent Variable Models (336)
- Structural equation models (181)
- Hypothesis testing research (100)
- Analysis of administrative data (87)
- Data archiving (84)
- Data linkage (81)
- SPSS (81)
Related NCRM training and events materials
- Bootstrapping (Training & Events)
- The impact of weightings and adjustments on the accuracy of the final polls in 2010 (Publications)
- Nonresponse bias in studies of residential mobility (Publications)
- Adjustment for Missing Confounders UsingExternal Validation Data and PropensityScores (Publications)
- Measuring living standards: developing quick expenditure questions (Training & Events)
- Quantile regression with aggregated data (Publications)
Related Audio/Video/Poedcasts/ etc.
About this form
This form is designed to help the author and the NCRM team provide the best possible supporting information around the video files. Please, complete these sections to fill in the content of the tabs on the tutorial page