Researcher Development Initiative (RDI), 2005 - 2010
Building Management Research Capacity: Developing Researchers Through the Life Course and Creating a Coordinating Infrastructure
01/01/08 - 01/12/10
Five sets of events were developed and run as planned
- 2 x 2-day doctoral symposia
This is now well established as the UK’s premier residential school in doctoral training in business and management, offering advanced methodological training, small seminar group discussions of students’ individual research projects, and workshops on PhD and career-related issues.
- 2 x 1-day workshops on advanced writing for journal publication (quantitative)
- 2 x 1-day workshops on advanced writing for journal publication (qualitative)
These workshops were targeted at academics with a track record in publishing, who aspired to improve the quality of their submissions and seek to publish in the very best journals in the field.
- 2 x2 Qualitative Methods Workshops:Discourse studies- the Application of Linguistics Techniques in Management Research.
- 2 x 2-day workshop General Analysis in Quantitative Methods
BAM intends to repeat all of these events in the future on a self funding basis.
In addition, the funding of a part-time administrative post facilitated BAM in developing and running several other researcher development events during the period, including:
- Publishing workshops
- Writing a Successful ESRC Research Grant Proposal
- Qualitative Methods workshops- Template Analysis; Discourse Analysis
- Quantitative Methods workshops
- Research Excellence Framework Consultation
- Practice Relevant Research seminars
- Development Programme for Directors of Research (with the Association of Business Schools).
Principal Investigator: Professor Marie McHugh, University of Ulster
Co-Investigator: Dr Gail Clarkson, University of Leeds
Professor Marie McHugh, University of Ulster
Miss Natasha Fay
Tel: 0207 3839794