Discourse Analysis Network
This project comprised a series of seminars, master classes and exploratory workshops intended to establish connections between scholars conducting discourse analysis in different social science disciplines.
The primary aim was to synthesise methodological expertise and to encourage methodological innovation arising from this process of interaction across epistemological and disciplinary backgrounds, drawing on work in post-structuralist discourse theory, interpretative policy analysis, Q-methodology, critical discourse analysis and discursive psychology.
The following events took place:
- Mini Conference, 10-11 October 2008, University of Essex
- Master Classes, 15 October, 5 November & 12 November 2008
- Exploratory Workshop, 19-20 November 2008, University of Essex
- Policy Practitioner Seminar, 22 January 2009
- Discourse analysis network conference, 23-24 April 2009
The project also produced a methods review paper Discourse Analysis: varieties and methods.
For further information, contact:
Centre for Theoretical Studies in the Humanities and Social Sciences,
University of Essex
Essex, CO4 3SQ