Webinar series to explore decolonial research methods
Eminent scholars will explore the topic of decolonial research methods in a new NCRM webinar series.
The six-part series aims to prompt researchers to reflect on the ways in which academic research may either reinforce or dislodge colonial discourses.
The webinars, which are free and open to anyone who would like to attend, will take place weekly between 26 October and 7 December 2021.
Titled Decolonial Research Methods: Resisting Coloniality in Academic Knowledge Production, the series is hosted by Dr Leon Moosavi, Director of the University of Liverpool in Singapore and a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Sociology, Social Policy and Criminology at the University of Liverpool.
The six speakers are:
- Professor Vineeta Sinha, National University of Singapore
26 October (16:00 SGT, 09:00 BST)
- Professor Linda T. Smith, Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi
2 November (14:00 SGT, 06:00 GMT)
- Professor Raewyn Connell, University of Sydney
9 November (15:00 SGT, 07:00 GMT)
- Professor Walter Mignolo, Duke University
23 November (22:00 SGT, 14:00 GMT)
- Professor Sujata Patel, Umeå University
30 November (16:00 SGT, 08:00 GMT)
- Professor Jeong-Eun Rhee, Long Island University
7 December (20:00 SGT, 12:00 GMT)