- Aligning the training and capacity building activities of the centre with the centre's research, working to enhance the research-informed quality of the training of NCRM and beyond
- Leading a package of research on the teaching and learning of research methods including a focus on methodological and pedagogical innovation.
- Pedagogy, particularly inclusive pedagogy
- Politics, ethics, practicalities and boundaries of inclusive research
- Learning disability
- Quality and innovation in qualitative research
- Communication, interaction, emotional well-being and belonging
- Nind, M. (2023). Handbook of Teaching and Learning Social Research Methods. Edward Elgar.
- Nind, M., Coverdale, A. & Meckin, R. (2023). Research practices for a pandemic and an uncertain future: synthesis of the learning among the social research community. International Journal of Social Research Methodology, 26(5),615-30.
- Nind, M., & Katramadou, A. (2023). Lessons for teaching social science research methods in higher education: synthesis of the literature 2014-2020. British Journal of Educational Studies7(3), 241-66. DOI: 10.1080/00071005.2022.2092066
- de Haas, C., Grace, J., Hope, J. & Nind, M. (2022). Doing research inclusively: understanding what it means to do research with and alongside people with profound intellectual disabilities. Social Sciences 11, 4: 159. DOI: 10.3390/socsci11040159
- Nind, M., Kopfer, A. & Lemmer, K. (2022). Children’s spaces of belonging in schools: bringing theories and stakeholder perspectives into dialogue.. International Journal of Inclusive Education. DOI: 10.1080/13603116.2022.2073061
- Power, A., Coverdale, A., Croydon, A.E., Hall, E., Kaley, A., Macpherson, H. & Nind, M. (2022). Personalisation policy in the lives of people with learning disabilities: a call to focus on how people build their lives relationally. Critical Social Policy 42(2), 220-240.
- Nind, M., Kaley A., & Hall E. (2021). Focus Group Method: Doing Research Inclusively and Supporting Social Inclusion in Liamputtong P. (eds) Handbook of Social Inclusion: Research and Practices in Health and Social Sciences. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-48277-0_57-1
- Nind, M., Coverdale, A. & Croydon, A. (2020). Learning from Each Other in the Context of Personalisation and Self-build Social Care. Disability & Society 36(10), 1553-73.
- Chalachanová, A.,, Nind, M., Østby, M. Power, A., Tilley, L., Walmsley, J., Westergård, B. with Torill Heia, Alf Magne Gerhardsen, Ole Magnus Oterhals and Matthew King (2020). Building relationships in inclusive research in diverse contexts. Scandinavian Journal of Disability Research, 22(1), 147–157.. DOI: 10.16993/sjdr.681
- Nind, M., & Lewthwaite, S. (2020). A conceptual-empirical typology of social science research methods pedagogy. Research Papers in Education, 35(4), 467-87. DOI: 10.1080/02671522.2019.1601756
- Nind, M., Holmes, M. M., Insenga, M., Lewthwaite, S., & Sutton, C. (2020). Student perspectives on learning research methods in the social sciences. Teaching in Higher Education 25, 797-811. DOI: 10.1080/13562517.2019.1592150
- Nind, M. (2019). Teaching systematic review in Zawacki-Richter, O. et al (Eds) Systematic Reviews in Educational Research: Methodology, Perspectives and Application. Springer.. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-658-27602-7
- Nind, M. (2019). A new application for the concept of pedagogical content knowledge: Teaching advanced social science research methods. Oxford Review of Education, 46(2), 185-201. DOI: 10.1080/03054985.2019.1644996
- Nind, M., & Lewthwaite, S. (2018). Hard to teach: inclusive pedagogy in social science research methods education. International Journal of Inclusive Education, 22(1), 74-88. DOI: 10.1080/13603116.2017.1355413
- Nind, M., & Lewthwaite, S. (2018). Methods that teach: developing pedagogic research methods, developing pedagogy. International Journal of Research and Method in Education, 1-23. DOI: 10.1080/1743727X.2018.1427057
- Nind, M. (2018). Thinking inclusively, acting inclusively, researching inclusively. REACH Journal of Special Needs Education in Ireland, 32(1).
- Nind, M. (2018). Multimodal listening and attending to children with complex disabilities in educational settings in Twomey, M. & Carroll, C. (Eds) Seen and Heard: Exploring Participation, Engagement and Voice for children with disabilities. Palgrave.
- Nind, M. (2017). The practical wisdom of inclusive research. Qualitative Research, 17(3) 278-288.
- Nind, M., Armstrong, A., Cansdale, M., Collis, A., Hooper, C., Parsons, S., & Power, A. (2017). TimeBanking: towards a co-produced solution for power and money issues in inclusive research. International Journal of Social Research Methodology, 20(4), 387-400. DOI: 10.1080/13645579.2016.1179469
- Nind, M., & Vinha, H. G. (2016). Creative interactions with data: using visual and metaphorical devices in repeated focus groups. Qualitative Research, 16(1), 9-26. DOI: 10.1177/1468794114557993
- Lewthwaite, S., & Nind, M. (2016). Teaching research methods in the social sciences: expert perspectives on pedagogy and practice. British Journal of Educational Studies, 64(4), 413-430. DOI: 10.1080/00071005.2016.1197882