- Deputy director with responsibility for Teaching and Learning
- Confidentiality, privacy and disclosure
- Attitudes research
- (2020, Accepted) The impact of synthetic data generation on data utility Transactions on Data Privacy with Taub, J. and Sakshaug, J.
- (2019) ‘Predictors of attitudes towards same-sex relationships: Change over time in Britain’, Journal of Sex Research. 56 (9), 1101-1114; with Watt, L.
- (2018). Using latent class analysis to produce a typology of environmental concern in the UK. Social science research, 74, 210-222. With Rhead, R., Elliot, M., & Upham, P.
- (2018) ‘Does fathers’ involvement in childcare and housework affect couples’ relationship stability?’ Social Science Quarterly With Norman, H. and Fagan, C. https://doi.org/10.1111/ssqu.12523
- (2018) ‘The Research Use Of Large-Scale Integrated data: An ethical quagmire?’, Research Intelligence, 134; Summer 2018, 26.
- (2018) ‘Anonymous, Pseudonymous or Both? Implications of the GDPR for Administrative Data Research’, Computer Law & Security Review 34(2) April 2018 22-233 with Mourby, M., Wallace, S., Mackey, E., Gowans, H., Bell, J., Smith, H., Aidinlis S., and Kaye. J.
- (2018) ‘Functional anonymisation: Personal data and the data environment’, Computer Law & Security Review 34(2) April 2018 204-221 with O'hara, K., Raab, C., O'Keefe, C.M., Mackey, E., Dibben, C., Gowans, H., Purdam, K. and McCullagh, K.,
- (2017) ‘Policies and strategies to facilitate secondary use of research data in the health sciences’, International Journal of Epidemiology 46(6), 1729-1733, with Banner, N., Burton, P., Knoppers B. M. and Banks, J.
- (2017) ‘Continuity and change in sexual attitudes: A cross-time comparison of tolerance towards non-traditional relationships.’ Sociological Review, 65(2); 1 –18 With Watt L. DOI: 10.1177/0038026116674887
- (2016) Dictionary of Social Research Methods. Oxford University Press; with Fairweather, I. Olsen, W. and Pampaka, M. DOI: 10.1093/acref/9780191816826.001.0001
- (2016) “The Anonymisation Decision-making Framework”, Data Protection Leader. 13(2) 7-10, with Mackey, E and O’Hara, E.
- (2016) ‘Open Data or End User License: A Penetration Test.’ Journal of Official Statistics, Vol. 32, No. 2, 2016, pp. 329–348 With Mackey, E., O’Shea S., Tudor, C. and Spicer, K.
- (2016) ‘Entropy Balancing: A maximum-entropy reweighting scheme to adjust for convergence error’ Quality and Quantity 50(4); 1781-1797 with Watson S.
- (2016) The Anonymisation Decision Making Framework. UKAN publications; Manchester With Mackey, E., O’Hara, K. M. and Tudor, C.
- (2015, accepted) ‘The Changing Social Data Landscape’ in Halfpenny, P. and Procter, R. (eds.) Innovation in Digital Research Methods. Sage with Purdam, K.
- (2015, accepted) ‘Exploiting new sources of data’ in Halfpenny, P. and Procter, R. (eds.) Innovation in Digital Research Methods. Sage with Purdam, K.
- (2015, accepted) ‘The Data Linkage Environment’ in Methodological Developments in Data Linkage; Harron, K. Goldstien H. and Dibben, C. with Dibben, C., Gowans, H. and Lightfoot, D.
- (2015, Accepted) Assessing the structure of Environmental Concern within the UK, submitted to Journal of Environmental Psychology. With Rhead, R. and Upham, P.
- (2015, accepted) Measuring Paternal Involvement in Childcare and Housework. Sociological Research Online. with Norman, H.
- (2015, accepted) Measuring Disclosure Risk and Data Utility for Flexible Table Generators, at Journal of Official Statistics with Shlomo, N., Antal, L.
- (2014) Attitudes: Ontology, Methodology, Impact. Sociological Research Online 19(1) with Voas, D and Park, A.
- (2014) Sociological Theory or Psychological Types: A Case Study of Attitudes towards Relationships 19(1) Sociological Research Online 19(1). with Watt, L.
- (2014) Which fathers are the most involved in taking care of their toddlers in the UK? An investigation of the predictors of paternal involvement. Communities, Work and Family 17 (2); 163-180. with Norman, H and Fagan, C.
- (2014) ‘The dynamic risk of heavy episodic drinking on interpersonal assault in young adolescence and early adulthood’. British Journal of Criminology 54(6) with Lightowlers, C. and Tranmer, M.
- (2014) ‘Environmental concern over time: evidence from the longitudinal analysis of a British cohort study from 1991 to 2008’ Social Science Quarterly with Melis, G. and Shryane, N. Out in online first print to follow.
- (2014) The Development of Alcohol Consumption Patterns and Violent Behaviour among Young People in England and Wales: Secondary Analysis of the Offending Crime and Justice Survey. In SAGE Research Methods Cases. London, United Kingdom: SAGE Publications, Ltd. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/978144627305013516707 with Lightowlers C.
- (2014) ‘The Social Data Environment’ in O’Hara, K , David, S.L., de Roure, D. Nguyen, C. M-H. (eds) Digital Enlightenment Yearbook 253-263 with Mackey, E.
- (2014) Measuring Disclosure Risk with Entropy in Population Based Frequency Tables In proceedings of Privacy in Statistical Databases, Eivissa September 2014 With Antal, L and Shlomo, N.
- (2014) A Scenario Analysis of Privacy Attacks either on or using Genomic Data. In proceedings of Privacy in Statistical Databases, Eivissa September 2014. With Samani, S and Brass, A.
- (2014) A Graph-based Approach to Key Variable Mapping at Confidentiality and Privacy. 6(2) 81-115 With Smith, D.