Tel: +44 (23) 8059 2623
Researching the teaching and learning of advanced research methods, including a focus on methodological and pedagogical innovation and the development of pedagogic cultures (WP5).
- Critical approaches to Technology Enhanced Learning and Higher Education
- Innovation, inclusion and digital research methods
- Accessibility and Critical Disability Studies
- Lewthwaite, Sarah (2017) Review: Innovations in digital research methods. International Journal of Research and Method in Education, 40, (1), 110-112. (doi:10.1080/1743727X.2016.1273248).
- Lewthwaite, Sarah (2016) Book Review: 100 Activities for Teaching Research Methods by Catherine Dawson. LSE Review of Books, 1.
- Roy, Anupama and Lewthwaite, Sarah (2016) Critical silences: disability, networked technologies and the Global South. In, Grech, Shaun and Soldatic, Karen (eds.) Disability in the Global South: The Critical Handbook. Cham, CH, Springer International Publishing, 483-500. (International Perspectives on Social Policy, Administration, and Practice). (doi:10.1007/978-3-319-42488-0_31).
- Lewthwaite, Sarah and Nind, Melanie (2016) Situating pedagogies: researching the teaching and learning of advanced qualitative research methods. In, 1st International Symposium on Qualitative Research, Porto, Portugal, 12 - 13 Jul 2016. 5pp, 108-112.
- Lewthwaite, Sarah and Nind, Melanie (2016) Teaching research methods in the social sciences: expert perspectives on pedagogy and practice. British Journal of Educational Studies, 64, (4), 413-430. (doi:10.1080/00071005.2016.1197882).
- Lewthwaite, Sarah and Nind, Melanie (2016) Teaching research methods in the social sciences: expert perspectives on pedagogy and practice. British Journal of Educational Studies, 1-18. (doi:10.1080/00071005.2016.1197882).
- Lewthwaite, Sarah and Sloan, David (2016) Exploring pedagogical culture for accessibility education in Computing Science. In, Proceedings of the 13th International Cross-Disciplinary Conference on Web Accessibility ACM 4pp. (doi:10.1145/2899475.2899490).
- Lewthwaite, Sarah (2015) Book Review: Creative Research Methods in the Social Sciences: A Practical Guide. LSE Review of Books
- Lewthwaite, Sarah and Nind, Melanie (2015) The NCRM quick start guide to: teaching advanced research methods. Southampton, GB, National Centre for Research Methods, 2pp.
- Lewthwaite, Sarah (2014) Web accessibility standards and disability: developing critical perspectives on accessibility. Disability & Rehabilitation, 36, (16), 1375-1383. (doi:10.3109/09638288.2014.938178).
- Lewthwaite, Sarah (2014) Government cuts to disabled students' allowances must be resisted. Disability & Society, 29, (7), 1159-1163. (doi:10.1080/09687599.2014.931659).
- Lewthwaite, Sarah (2014) Funding cuts to disabled students will hit some universities hard. The Guardian, 1 July 2014
- Lewthwaite, Sarah (2014) Cuts to grant funding for disabled students will put their studies at risk. The Guardian, 24 April 2014
- Lewthwaite, Sarah (2014) Book review. Disability and new media. [in special issue: Disability and New Media] Disability and Society , 29, (3), 496-498. (doi:10.1080/09687599.2013.864864).
- Kelly, Brian, Hassell, Jonathan, Sloan, David, Lukes, Dominik, Draffan, E.A. and Lewthwaite, Sarah (2013) Bring your own policy: why accessibility standards need to be contextually sensitive. Ariadne, 71
- Lewthwaite, Sarah and Swan, Henny (2013) Disability, web standards and the majority world. In, Meloncon, Lisa (eds.) Rhetorical AccessAbility: at The Intersection of Technical Communications and Disability Studies. Amityville, US, Baywood, 157-174. (Baywood's Technical Communications Series).
- Lewthwaite, Sarah (2012) Book review: Difference on display: diversity in art, science and society by Ine Gevers (2009). Journal of Literary and Cultural Disability Studies, 6, (3), 348-351. (doi:10.3828/jlcds.2012.28).
- Cooper, Martyn, Sloan, David, Kelly, Brian and Lewthwaite, Sarah (2012) A challenge to web accessibility metrics and guidelines: putting people and processes first. Proceedings of the International Cross-Disciplinary Conference on Web Accessibility (doi:10.1145/2207016.2207028).
- Edlin-White, Rob, Cobb, Sue, Floyde, Anne, Lewthwaite, Sarah, Wang, Jing and Riedel, Johann (2012) From guinea pigs to design partners: working with older people in ICT design. Designing Inclusive Systems, 155-164. (doi:10.1007/978-1-4471-2867-0_16).
- Lewthwaite, Sarah (2011) Critical approaches to accessibility for technology?enhanced learning. Learning, Media and Technology, 36, (1), 85-89. (doi:10.1080/17439884.2010.529915).
- Edlin-White, Rob, Cobb, Sue, D'Cruz, Mirabelle, Floyd, Anne, Lewthwaite, Sarah and Riedel, Johann (2011) Accessibility for older users through adaptive interfaces: opportunities, challenges and achievements. Human-Computer Interaction. Towards Mobile and Intelligent Interaction Environments, 6763, part III, 483-489. (doi:10.1007/978-3-642-21616-9_54).
- Lewthwaite, Sarah (2011) Disability 2.0, student dis/connections: a study of student experiences of disability and social networks on campus in higher education. University of Nottingham, School of Education, Doctoral Thesis , 434pp.
- Crook, Charles and Lewthwaite, Sarah (2010) Technologies for formal and informal learning. In, Littlewood, Karen, Wood, Clare and Klein Staarman, Judith (eds.) International Handbook of Psychology in Education. Bingley, GB, Emerald, 435-461.
- Kelly, Brian, Lewthwaite, Sarah and Sloan, David (2010) Developing countries; developing experiences: approaches to accessibility for the real world. Proceedings of the International Cross Disciplinary Conference on Web Accessibility (doi:10.1145/1805986.1805992).
- Pearshouse, Ian, Bligh, Brett, Brown, Elizabeth, Lewthwaite, Sarah, Graber, Rebecca, Hartnell-Young, Elizabeth and Sharples, Mike (2009) A study of effective evaluation models and practices for technology supported physical learning spaces (JELS). , JISC, 60pp.
- Liccardi, Ilaria, Ounnas, Asma, Pau, Reena, Massey, Elizabeth, Kinnumen, Paivi, Lewthwaite, Sarah, Midy, Marie-Anne and Sakar, Chandan (2007) The role of social networks in students' learning experiences. [in special issue: Proceeding: ITiCSE-WGR '07 Working Group Reports on ITiCSE on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education] ACM SIGCSE Bulletin, 39, (4), 224-237. (doi:10.1145/1345443.1345442).