Online Repository Manager
Tel: +44 (23) 8059 2636
- Take a lead in developing, online searching, maintaining and promoting NCRM's growing collection of online research methods, including the legacy ESRC ReStore repository.
- Lead the development of technical standards, templates, guidance and implementation of new online resources commissioned by NCRM.
- Provide wider support for the NCRM IT and web infrastructure as a member of the IT team, especially in areas of online learning, website indexing and search applications and web analytics.
- Contribute to dissemination and training activities including presenting at conferences, exhibiting and demonstrating work at other relevant events.
- Input to other iSolutions projects in own field of expertise, as agreed with relevant iSolutions manager
- Khan, A., T. Tiropanis, and D. Martin, Exploiting Semantic Annotation of Content with Linked Open Data (LoD) to Improve Searching Performance in Web Repositories of Multi-disciplinary Research Data, in Information Retrieval. 2016, Springer. p. 130-145.
- Khan, A., T. Tiropanis, and D. Martin. Crowd-annotation and LoD-based semantic indexing of content in multi-disciplinary web repositories to improve search results. in Proceedings of the Australasian Computer Science Week Multiconference. 2017. ACM.
- Byatt, D., et al. Embedded librarians in the National Centre for Research Methods (NCRM) and in Chemistry. 2015.
- Khan, Arshad and Martin, David and Tiropanis, Thanassis (2013) The First International Conference on Building and Exploring Web Based Environments-WEB2013. In: The First International Conference on Building and Exploring Web Based Environments-WEB2013, 27th January to 1st February 2013, Seville, Spain.
- A Khan, D Martin and J Seale. (2009) Sustaining On-line Research Resources, 6:3 SCRIPTed 616
- Khan, A. and Martin, D. (2008) ReStore – a sustainable repository for research methods resources. In: Third International Conference on Open Repositories 2008, 1-4 April 2008, Southampton, United Kingdom.